Thursday, September 17, 2009

Today at Queens College

The arrival through the pearly gates of Melbourne Avenue this afternoon led me to take pictures of our beautiful city. As the sun went down I installed my larger zoom lens and observed smog just above the horizon. I decided to take an abundance of pictures all around campus. Specifically, I took a picture of the large glacier erratic in front of the Science Building. As I walked eastward, I observed a man-made gully near the Aaron Copeland School of Music. It must have originated from people walking over the same path and the grass depleted to bare soil for erosion. I think photography is the key to success when presenting information to students. Sometimes I find myself wanting to take great pictures of the moon, but they always come out dark and barely noticeable. I love teaching the moon in class, I think it is very interesting, especially the formation thereof....

No comments:

Post a Comment